Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Very rough menu

This is only a very very rough idea of how the menu will look, it will look a lot better when I spend more time on it. I was just trying to see if I could get parts of it to work.


I went for a rather realistic texture that I knocked up in photoshop, will probably go with a more cartoony one that I'll make in flash and the symbol was just something I made up as I go along, I'll actually make a good one. I do like the font, again I just made it up as I went, but I thought it looked ok. The god looks a bit weird the way it fades in and stuff, so I'll mess about and see what's the best way to bring the Gods into focus. Might make it a separate movie clip that you have to click to see, that means I can fade it back again rather than getting cut so suddenly when your mouse doesn't highlight it.

The God will look better, it looks so crap the way it is atm with no real background and stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Waa! Great ideas there. I love the pulsing symbol, for a start, that was an idea we share - looks like i'll need to knock together a symbol for the goddess ^^ Also the fade in, hmmmmm, it's a bit disorientating, maybe, but i guess it's needed so you know what god you're chosing, as the symbol is kinda vague. We'll see how it looks with the other gods in it i think. Good work ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY DIVA, you do a lot of work, pretty awesome too, the glowing symbol does look like a good idea, it would give a new player a reason to move the mouse over the symbols to figure out how to proceed

    ReplyDelete